At Home Montessori Monday
By implementing a sound jar tray in your Montessori inspired home, your child will be able to strengthen their matching, classifying, and listening skills.
To utilize this tray, children will work to listen to the sound of a red jar and find the matching blue jar with the same sound.
To create a version of this Montessori tray in your own home:
1. Purchase or identify a matching set of containers in your own home you can use (i.e. empty and washed spice containers or plastic eggs)
2. Create two separate color sets of containers that can not be seen through either by utilizing pre-colored containers, wrapping containers in construction paper or painting.
3. Fill one of each color container with the same sound material (i.e. dried beans, dried rice, bells, beads, bolts, etc.).
4. Secure the lid with hot glue.
5. Place the materials on a tray like the one shown above. To learn more about setting up Montessori materials in your home, visit our blog at https://www.amicimontessori.org/blog
6. Model the work for your child and then allow your child to explore matching the corresponding container sounds with guidance as needed.
#montessori #montessoriathome #amicimontessori #music
At Home Montessori Monday!
This week we are focusing on mathematics through size and shape discrimination. This activity will aid your child(ren) in strengthening their problem solving and matching skills while they work to identify which size shape matches their puzzle.
To create this Montessori tray in your home:
1. Print out our free shape and size puzzle printable.
*We recommend printing on cardstock and laminating for an increase in durability.
2. Cut out the white shapes with the colored borders
3. Place one shape puzzle and their corresponding white pieces on a tray so your child can easily pick and put away their work once complete. To learn more about setting up Montessori materials in your home, visit our blog at https://www.amicimontessori.org/blog
4. Model the work for your child and then allow your child to explore matching the correct size shapes on their puzzle with guidance as needed.
#montessori #montessoriathome #math #preschool #amicimontessori
At Home Montessori Monday!
Storing your child's works in your home is an important piece of incorporating Montessori in your home.
In the Montessori classroom, trays containing works are placed at the child's level so that the child can independently pick their work and put away their work when they are complete.
By identifying child size shelves and trays in your home, you can begin organizing works and displaying them in your child's play space.
To read more about setting up Montessori materials in your home, visit our blog at
#montessori #montessoriathome #amicimontessori #children #preschool #parenting
Sean Michael Diana M.A.Ed.