3x3 Grid and Color Circles
At Home Montessori Monday! Utilizing color recognition to match an empty 3x3 square to a completed 3x3 square is a great way to boost your child's mathematics skills in one to one correspondence, problem solving and color recognition. To implement this Montessori math tray in your own home:
At Home Montessori Monday
By implementing a sound jar tray in your Montessori inspired home, your child will be able to strengthen their matching, classifying, and listening skills.
To utilize this tray, children will work to listen to the sound of a red jar and find the matching blue jar with the same sound.
To create a version of this Montessori tray in your own home:
1. Purchase or identify a matching set of containers in your own home you can use (i.e. empty and washed spice containers or plastic eggs)
2. Create two separate color sets of containers that can not be seen through either by utilizing pre-colored containers, wrapping containers in construction paper or painting.
3. Fill one of each color container with the same sound material (i.e. dried beans, dried rice, bells, beads, bolts, etc.).
4. Secure the lid with hot glue.
5. Place the materials on a tray like the one shown above. To learn more about setting up Montessori materials in your home, visit our blog at https://www.amicimontessori.org/blog
6. Model the work for your child and then allow your child to explore matching the corresponding container sounds with guidance as needed.
#montessori #montessoriathome #amicimontessori #music
Color Cards with Counting Cubes
Happy At-Home Montessori Monday!
Here is a free printable you can utilize at home with your child(ren).
These color cards come in English, Chinese, and Spanish in either full page or quarter page sizes.
The cards can be utilized to practice color correspondence and recognition in a variety of ways such as utilizing tweezers to sort pom poms by color, graphing math manipulatives, such as counting cubes by color, or separating fruit loops by color for an educational lesson that is also a sweet treat!
To create this At-Home Montessori activity:
We would love to hear what your littles thought. Did they enjoy the Color Cards with Counting Cubes? Share a picture with us on instagram or facebook!
Sean Michael Diana M.A.Ed.